Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

Wedding cakes are some of the most beautiful works of art in my opinion ~ such intricate detail! A wedding cake is also one of the hardest decisions for a bride to make. She will most likely have a date, venue, dress, table centerpieces and menu chosen before she finally decides on a cake! It has to be perfect ~ after all she has dreamt about this day her whole life!

Over the years I have spent countless hours looking at wedding cakes - it's a fetish of mine! I've also spent hours upon hours watching cake shows on The Food Network! So I decided to share with you a few of my favorites...


If you know me, you know that I am NOT a fan of pink - at all! But I love, love, love this cake! The details of the ruffles and the rough edges on the flowers just get me! It is beautiful!


Simple, white elegance with this one! 


This cake and the display of it are right up my alley! Vintage painted furniture and a breathtaking cake! You could use this display for a wedding, birthday party or a baby shower. Honestly, you could use it pretty much anywhere and I'm sure it would be the talk of the event!


Simple ruffles for a small, family wedding.


Love the details of this cake! The layers of the icing are just beautiful!


Lace and brooches ~ need I say more?!?


This cake would be perfect for an outdoor Fall wedding. The leaves and the branches are gorgeous!


The detail of the piping and roses is beautiful on this one! Also love the chocolate ribbon on each layer.


Whoever said "Diamonds are a girl's best friend!" may have been wrong. I LOVE these pearls! This would be perfect for an outdoor summer Vintage Garden wedding.


If you know me, you also know that I am not a fan of lavender ~ pretty much anything pastel I run from! But I might could learn to like lavender with this cake. After all, it has ruffles! I love ruffled cakes!!


This one is a little outside the box for me,  but I do love it! I found this one while planning our next wedding which is gray and yellow. I love the topsy, turvy angles of this cake. Also using a different design on each layer is a great touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment